Friday, August 8, 2008

Just Arrived Back on Maui

I'm finally back in Hawaii. My home island, Maui, is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I just spent ten weeks traveling. Went to France for a week to tour Normandy with my grandfather (more on this later). Next I worked a week in Marco Island, Florida where I edited videos at a business meeting. Video editing has been my day job to support my real passion--writing novels. Next, I spent eight more weeks in Dallas, Texas staying with friends and family, living like a gypsie out of my suitcase. It was an absolute blast and I got to reconnect with all the important people in my life. I stayed out in the country a lot at my parents's home near Lake Whitney.

While in Texas I didn't have much time to write fiction, because I was immersed in three big video projects. One of them was my trip to Normandy. I wrote, produced, and edited a documentary about my grandfather's tour in World War II. Today he's still alive and ninety years old. I got to interview him on film and capture his war stories. I'll go into detail about my film and our trip to Normandy in another post. I'll also include some photos and perhaps a clip from my video. After being away for ten weeks and flying eight hours from Dallas to Kahului, Maui, I'm totally wiped. Already feeling jetlagged. I'm signing off for now so I can go make a wake-me-up smoothie. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment